Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ironic, and very timely...

I found it quite ironic and very timely that "23 things" started at BCC around this time, because I have been studying a subject called "IT in Libraries", through the BAS(LIM) Library qualification course that I am studying through Charles Sturt University, of which I have been studying many of these technologies. For instance the modules titles surround topics such as, "Web 2.0, Library 2.0, Digital Libraries, Blogs, Wikis, Social Networking, eBooks, Podcasting, Digitisation, Digital photos and videos, Library Management Systems, Virtual Reference, Semantic Web and Standards and Interoperability".

The "23 things" seems very exciting to me since I have the privelege to be employed within BCC libraries and study at CSU university on the same topics it allows me to experience these topics from different perspectives which makes it very interesting and I think there is a lot of potential to what BCC could do with the training that "23 things" offers its employees.

1 comment:

Sleepydumpling said...

Welcome to the blogosphere!